Thursday, July 14, 2011

Transit Etiquette

Ok, so since working downtown again, I have been taking public transit. It is faster, cheaper and I get a good walk in the morning and after work. What is not to love?!

Oh right the people who have NO transit etiquette. Dear fellow transit users, let me remind you all of a few ground rules.

1) When a senior or anyone who has physical challenges boards the bus/skytrain, and there are no seats, you should get up and give them YOUR seat
2) The seat next to you is not your official purse/backpack holder. The seat is for people!
3) Wait until people get off the skytrain/bus before you try squeezing on
4) Wear deodorant
5) Don't cut in line, the next bus/skytrain is likely only minutes away (especially with B-line buses and skytrain)
6) If you get into a super crowded bus, take off your backpack and put it between your feet/on the ground to make room for more people
7) No pushing, shoving or elbowing to get on the bus/skytrain. If you need to make physical contact to get on...the bus/skytrain is FULL!
8) I know you like your musical selections, but if I can hear it as well, you should turn it down
9) When you are walking off the bus/skytrain, get off your smart phone. Trust me, you will avoid being smacked into by people WAYYY more often
10) Say please, thank you, sorry and excuse me

Please and thank you!

No comments: